Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ducky baby shower

Phillip's cousin is having a baby.  Nobody knew what it was, so we went very gender neutral and stuck with the duck theme.  My camera's battery is dead, I can't find the charger (stillll!!), and I can't find the cable to connect my camera to my computer..... sooo..... my cell phone will have to do (again!!!)

Here is the diaper cake.  Yup, it's a little lopsided, but only b/c I was just looking at it to see how the decorations were coming together before I took it to the shower.  It was very plain b/c she is not a "frills and lace" kind of girl.  I found a beautiful green ribbon that didn't clash with the print on the diaper, and then I found a ribbon of baby bottles in yellow that went on top of the green.  It was my favorite part of the cake, but I think I'm the only one who noticed. 


(and yes, that is an old metal helmet with a "medic" symbol in the background.... This is one of the little things that makes my husband so weird, and it makes me love him even more....)
The mother-to-be is not a girlie girl in the slightest bit.  She is not the kind of girl you would slap a "baby sock corsage" on, or even a beautiful rose.  So, I got a painted wooden duck from Hobby Lobby, hot glued a pin back to it, tied a ribbon around it, and used rub on transfers from a Mother's Day pack that I found.  The only full word that was in the pack was "Mommy" and the rest of the words were cut up from other sentences that were on the page.  It think it turned out pretty well.  I think it's actually something I will do again if I need to.  It was SUPER cute.



Wish I had gotten more pics from the shower.  But, enjoy the pin and the diaper cake anyway.  Thanks for checking in.

Carter is growing and changing every day.  Little man decided to start potty training himself and started sleeping in a big boy bed all in one week.  It's been a crazy ride.  Can't wait to catch you up on it!

1 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

The pin is adorable. I've never seen that done a shower but its such a cute idea.