These are the cookies I used for the Valentine's Day cookies I made. They were insanely delicious and buttery. And again.... note to self.... THESE ARE NOT GOOD COOKIE CUTTER COOKIES! They spread out too much for cutters. Holy Hannah these are soooo good! You can find them at All Recipes:
Chewy Sugar Cookies
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups margarine
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup white sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until just blended. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls and roll the balls in remaining 1/4 cup of sugar. Place cookies 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned at the edges. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.