Thursday, February 14, 2008

















Happy Valentine's Day!! I usually don't do much for this holiday besides cook my hubbie a nice meal and give him a nice back rub, but I went a little further this year. I made Valentine Cupcakes with Raspberry Preserves mixed with my icing, got Phillip a box of chocolates, a cute card, and there's gonna be a seriously good chicken pie for dinner tonight! The cupcakes were delicious and simple. Just make a normal cupcake, I should've chosen chocolate but everyone on God's green earth was snatching cake mix up last night. But, anyway, the vanilla was good. Cook them as directed. Let them cool for about 10 minutes on a rack and then slice the tops off. Use a knife to cut out the hearts, I have a cookie cutter and it made it much easier! Mix a jar of vanilla frosting with three tablespoons of seedless raspberry preserves in a medium bowl. spread onto cupcakes with a touch more in the middle part. Be careful not to fill it too much, as you can tell from the picture some of them decided to spill out the side. Then, place the lids back on top... DELICIOUSNESS!!

As stated in a previous blog, our dishwasher has decided to die on us and we finally went out and bought a new one. We really want to get stainless appliances for the kitchen, but it's just not feasible right now, especially with a baby on the way!!!! :) So, we got the Whirlpool Quiet Partner II.... it's amazing! You used to not be able to stand in the room and hold a conversation while our old dishwasher was running... NOT THE CASE NOW! It's amazing! I love it! Well, I gotta go and finish up stuff that I missed while I was out of work last week. Happy Valentines Day kids! See you Monday!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

arg, I cannot find your email!

I have been crazy busy, sorry about that, once again. :)

I can do a banner for you, if you send me some high resolution pictures. I can't guarantee that you'll love it, but I'll give it a shot! :)

email me at divinedomesticity @ gmail dot com :)