Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Heavy heart

Sorry for not posting lately. I've been insanely busy with lots of baby shower planning, sewing, and other projects and so much more. First and foremost

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY DARA!!!

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY JAIME!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONICA!!

My heart is really heavy right now and sad for my co-worker. Her husband is in the Reserves and has been overseas for over a year and a half, with no break to come home within that time. He was scheduled to come home Valentine's Day weekend. Then, yesterday, she got a call saying he didn't know any details, but they were on the way home, didn't know when they would get there or anything, but they were headed home. So, she got word last night that they would be in today. Then, this morning, she got a call from her husband saying that he would have to stay (because he is a commanding officer) due to a couple of his soldiers got DUI's after going out last night and he doesn't know how long it will be to get the sticky legal details straightened out of these men. It may be a day, it may be several. No one knows.
....I just can't imagine how that could feel......
Phillip and I were only apart from each other for 5 months and saw each other on the weekends, and it was still heart wrenching. I have a dear friend who's husband is also in the military and she and her toddler son had to be separated from him for quite a while also. My heart is so sad for these families who have to do without seeing their spouses for so long, and for those who never get to see their spouses again. To make matters worse, my co-worker's child has autism. One of the serious "side-effect" of autism is that these individuals do not do well with change. It puts their world in an absolute spin and things are not good. This poor boy was told so many different dates of when his father was coming home, then told that he will see him tomorrow, and then to was told he's not sure when he will be home. I feel for him. I feel for his momma. I feel for his daddy. I feel for the other soldiers who were a little too reckless on their return home. I feel for their families. My heart is just very heavy today, but I am MORE than GRATEFUL for the soldiers that serve our country and put their lives on the line for us. I hope you all get to return to your families, for good, very soon.

0 comments: