Thursday, February 11, 2010

This time ______ years ago...

This time 3 years ago Phillip was just graduating with his Master's degree, we bought our first pet, and we were looking for a house. We found our perfect "first home" in April and we fell in love and had to have it.

This time 2 years ago I was struggling with a serious case of the flu and had to go to the doctor to get blood tests done. That's when I was told that I was pregnant, and we fell in love with this little guy.

This time last year hubby had moved out and was working at UNC-G at the best job we could have ever asked for. We were driving 5 hours every weekend to see each other as much as we could. I cried through every hour that Carter screamed in the backseat on the way home. I had little man to my self for 5 months. I learned a lot about him, about myself, how to be a good mommy, how to live on my own, how to depend on friends, and how to eventually say goodbye to those precious friends. Phillip and I both learned about ourselves as a couple and what our marriage could and couldn't handle. I'm stronger, bitter, and grateful for those 5 months. Now we are back together, strong, and loving having our little family back together. I've said it once, and I'll say it a million times.... I am truly blessed.
Thank you to all my friends and loved ones who pulled me through this time last year and helped me and my family stay strong. I cry as I write this post b/c I miss you so much and I'm soooo incredibly grateful that I have you in my life. I've gotten to the point of being a blubbery idiot as I sit at my desk typing this, so really want I to say is THANK YOU, AND I LOVE YOU!

My time with Carter last year:

Beautiful blue eyes

Making our first friend

Packing up for the cold weather

Not so happy that momma is attempting tummy time

Learning to roll over

Saying good bye to daddy


Spending time with mommy and daddy's friends






Getting used to bath time





Cooking with mommy

My little valentine

1 comments:

Kate M said...

I love this post! Thank you for sharing these memories from the last few years. You and Phillip and that little Carter are so special to me, Sara! Love you so much!