We celebrated our 8 years together last night with a delicious meal of my favorite things: steak and potatoes! This combination always makes me a happy girl. I made twice-baked potatoes for the first time last night and they were DELICIOUS!!!!!! I usually don't like twice-baked potatoes because they can get very dry, very easily, but these were insanely good. Recipe is at the bottom. It's from the allrecipes.com website.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 green onions, sliced, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake potatoes in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- When potatoes are done allow them to cool for 10 minutes. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a large bowl; save skins. To the potato flesh add sour cream, milk, butter, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 the green onions. Mix with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy. Spoon the mixture into the potato skins. Top each with remaining cheese, green onions and bacon.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.